“CELLULITE” NOT A WORD WE LOVE TO HEAR
Cellulite is a common problem especially among women and if you scroll the internet you will find so much information it can get confusing. What is a fad, what works and what doesn’t work?
Here is the truth. Cellulite is fat just under your skin causing dimpling. It shows up mostly on women’s, hips, thighs and buttocks.
There are several reasons for this:
1. Poor circulation
2. High body fat percentage
3. Fluid retention
4. Compromised collagen structure writhing the body.
6. Unhealthy diet
A Healthy Diet plays a key role in Cellulite
• Lots of protein! Beef, Chicken, Fish, Eggs, Protein Powder. Remember we want to reduce toxicity so choosing organic, grass fed, free range is important. When choosing fish, wild over farm raised is always better. Protein powders are excellent in increasing metabolism, which aids in the reduction of cellulite. When choosing a protein powder, organic undenatured whey is best.
• Mineral rich foods are important in flushing toxicity out of cells, which aid in cellulite reduction, especially foods rich in Potassium. Bananas, avocados and green leafy vegetables are mineral rich and a good source of potassium. If you cant get enough greens into your diet choose a high quality green powder to add to drinks and shakes to make sure your body is getting all of these necessary nutrients
• Bone Broth – It’s a great addition to your diet because it contains amino acids, collagen, gelatin and trace minerals that help support collagen production, healthy tissue and reduce cellulite.
• Healthy fats – Wild fish, avocado, coconut oil, nuts and olive oil are rich in fatty acids, which are easy for your body to digest, and breaking into your cells more easily. Not to mention a myriad of health benefits.
• Antioixidant rich foods high in fiber are beneficial. These include lots of colorful vegetables, nuts and berries. These foods help keep the body in balance, which will support metabolism and help, keep our hormones in balance.
• Herbal supplements – Dandelion – is a natural diuretic which contain potassium. You can use as a tea, and there are many great food recipes using Dandelion. Cayenne, peppermint, ginseng – improves blood circulation and are natural thermo-genics which increase metabolism. Ginkgo Biloba and turmeric – increases blood flow and helps reduce inflammation
• Essential Oils – Keeping your skin hydrated by drinking plenty of water and moisturizing with natural oils is key. Rubbing Grapefruit Oil mixed with Coconut Oil into your skin greatly reduces the appearance of cellulite.
Foods to stay away from
Processed foods – these foods are high in sugar, sodium, gluten, refined flours, trans and hydrogenated fats. All of which promote inflammation, store body fat, cause fluid retention and decrease circulation.
Become a label reader and stick with organic, no chemical foods.
Good Ole Exercise – I can’t stress enough the importance of cardio mixed with weight training. This is essential to burn toxic body fat, gain lean muscle, improve circulation and get rid of that ugly cellulite.